Wednesday, March 18, 2015

2014 Korea Study Tour -- TTMIK (Part 1)

Hey there.. I wasn't really planning on having this post out so early.. although it's already super back-dated... but thanks to certain circumstances.. I have decided to put this on the top of my priority blog post list.. 

Here goes... I guess I have mentioned that I was going on another study tour to Korea last November... and yes.. I went to another one before I finished my travel post on my previous trip in 2012..

This round of posts will be different from how i usually write travel posts, iit will not be on day to day basis but by topics... for one, it will take too long for me to write and I will tend to procrastinate till I grow old and look nothing like how i was in the photos.. :P 




So, my first post will be on the main part of the whole trip.. the STUDY part... The study part of my 2014 November study tour is brought to you by Talk to me in Korean!! 




In case you didn't know or maybe you are not that into korean language.. Talk to me in Korean aka TTMIK is run by a bunch of Koreans who speaks superb English and many other languages as well, their mission is to teach korean language learners from all over the world the native way of reading, writing and speaking Korean... They even have a youtube channel of their lessons.. I have heard of this website about 2-3 years ago but then I just slighly browse through and watched some of their videos when I was checking out the website for the first time.. then after that... i kinda forgot about it until I was told that the next study tour that I signed up for will be collaborating with TTMIK... that's when I started to watch their videos and listen to their audio lessons on a more frequent basis...

Ok back to earth... we had 5 days of lesson throughout the week and 2 days of culture activities.. Our first 2 lessons were taught by the very famous Hyunwoo Sun from TTMIK.. he's super famous (if you know the website though... although the website is visited by people all around the world but there are still people who doesn't know so i can't assume) Anyway... in case you don't know... here's how he look like..

and if one is not enough.... here's another..


The lessons were really interesting.. Hyunwoo seon seng nim(선생님, means teacher in Korean) started off with the basics and quickly amended his lessons after realising most of us have been learning korean for more than a year and have passed the beginner stage.. See, professionalism.. 

We had our lessons in a cafe called You Are Here Cafe, owned by EatYourKimchi Studios and TTMIK themselves...


Here's how the exterior looks like



We had a room reserved for ourselves from 10am to 3pm.. That's the duration of our classes including a one hour lunch break in between..

Alright, I guess I typed enough words for this posts.. so.. behold, pictures!! 

-in the classroom-




That's me with a cronic case of dark eye circles... Not much difference from my panda avatar that has been posing on my behalf in several pictures...


I shall stop typing here... stay tune for more posts about other teachers.. our guided culture tours and experience with TTMIK..

Signing off...
Toodles!









1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.